Reusing Individual Questions in a New Test
This lesson will demonstrate how to reuse individual questions from an existing test, survey or pool when building a new test in Blackboard.
Creating a Test, Part 1
Log into your Blackboard course, and go to the content area that you would like to add the test to. At the top of the page, click on Assessment and select Test.
Creating a Test, Part 2
On the next page, labeled Create Test, under Section 1: Add Test, click on the Create button next to Create a New Test
Creating a Test, Part 3
You will now see a screen labeled Test information:
- Name: Enter the name for the test here.
- Description: Enter a description of the test for students here
- Instructions: Enter instructions for the students here
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Reusing Questions, Part 1
You will now be on the Test Canvas in Blackboard. Click on the Reuse Questions button at the top of the screen and select Find Questions from the menu that appears.
Reusing Questions: Part 2
You will then see a dialog box labeled Find Question Mode that provides two options for finding questions:j
- Copy selected questions: This option will make a copy of the selected questions. If changes are made to the question copy, it only affects the copy.
- Link to original questions: This option creates a link to an existing question in Blackboard. If changes are made to a linked question, that change will appear in every instance in which the question is used.
- After you have selected a method to reuse the questions, Click the Continue button.
Selecting Questions to Reuse
You will now see a screen labeled Find Questions that will allow you to select questions to reuse:
- Enter a keyword in the search box and click Go to search for individual questions,
- Browse Criteria: Or click on the links on the left to browse for questions in individual tests, pools, question types, or categories.
- Criteria Summary: The selected questions will appear here.
- Check the checkboxes (highlighted in yellow in the image above) to the left of the questions you wish to add.
- Use the page navigation buttons to select questions from more than one page, or click the Show All button to show all items at once, or click the Edit Paging button to change how many items are displayed on the page..
- Selected Questions: The number of selected questions will appear here.
- When finished, click the Submit button.