Creating a Hot Spot Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Hot Spot question in Blackboard. In a Hot Spot question, students are instructed to click on a specific part of an image to receive credit.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Hot Spot from the menu.
Entering Question Information
To create a Hot Spot Question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question here (optional)
- Question Text: Enter your question text here.
- Upload Image: Click Browse My Computer or Browse Course to upload an image file.
- Image Alternate Text: Enter an alternate description here for accessibility purposes.
- Click Next to continue to the next step.
Entering Answer Information
To specify the answer region:
- Click and drag your mouse cursor over the portion of the image you wish to mark to accept as correct.
- Coordinates: The coordinates of the area selected will populate here.
- Click the Clear button to reset the coordinate information if you make a mistake.
Setting Up Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Go Back: Click this button to go back to the previous screen.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas.
The question you created will now appear on the test canvas. Click the Points value to change the number of points.