Creating a Jumbled Sentence Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Jumbled Sentence Question in Blackboard. In a Jumbled Sentence question, students select terms from a dropdown menu to complete a sentence.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Jumbled Sentence from the menu.
Entering Question and Answer Information
- Question Title: Enter a title for your question here (optional).
- Question Text: Enter your question here. Answer fields can be denoted using variables indicated by characters encased with brackets. Each variable must be unique.
- Allow Partial Credit: Check this box to allow credit for partially correct answers.
- Number of Answers: Select the total number of answers to create for this question.
- Answers: Enter the answer text in the fields provided, with one answer per field. Click the Remove button if you need to delete an answer field. Additional unused distractors can be created, or an answer can be reused for different variables.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
Use the dropdown menus to choose the desired answers to complete the question.
Entering Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Go Back: Click this button to go back to the previous screen.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas.