Blackboard allows instructors to export groups to a spreadsheet, allowing instructors to view or make changes to groups or group sets offline. This guide will demonstrate how to export groups in Blackboard
Accessing the Groups Tool
Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Users and Groups.
- Then click on Groups.
Exporting Groups, Part 1
You will now see the Groups page. To export groups, click on the Export button on the top right side of the page.
Exporting Groups, Part 2
You will now see a screen labeled Export Groups and Members that allows you to export groups.
- To export only the group list, choose the Groups only option.
- To export a list of group members, choose the Group members only option.
- To export both the group list and a list of group members, choose the Groups and Group Members option.
- To include a header row in the spreadsheet export, check the checkbox for the Include header row option.
- When finished, click the Submit button in the bottom right corner.
You will be returned to the Groups page, and you will see the following message at the top of the page in a green background: "This action has been queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete."
Downloading Groups Queued for Export, Part 1
To download exported groups, go to the Groups page and select Export.
Downloading Groups Queued for Export, Part 2
On the Export Groups and Members screen, click the Export History button on the top right to download exported group files.
Downloading Groups Queued for Export, Part 3
You will now see a screen labeled Export History. To download a file, simply click on the file link you wish to download, and then choose a location to save the file on your computer.