Adding the Email Tool
The Send Email tool allows users to send an email from Blackboard to a user's UT email account. Messages will be sent and recieved within the user's UT email account and are not saved in Blackboard. If you wish to keep messages within the Blackboard course site, it is recommended to use the Messages tool.
Adding the Email, Part 1
- To add a link to a course tool, hover over the Add Menu Item button (the + sign).
- Select Tool Link from the menu that appears.
Adding the Email Tool, Part 2
You will now see a dialog box labeled Add Tool Link:
- Name: Enter a name for the tool link.
- Type: Select Email from the list of available tools
- Available to Users: Check the box to make the link available to users
- When you are finished, click the Submit button.
The link will now appear at the bottom of the course menu.