Sending a Message
This lesson will demonstrate how to send a message in Blackboard.
Accessing the Messages Tool
Log into your Blackboard course and click on the Messages link in the course menu.
Creating a Message
You will now see a screen labeled Course Messages. To create a message, click on the Create Message button at the top of the page.
Selecting Message Recipients
You will now see a screen labeled Compose Message. Section 1: Recipients allows you to select users to send messages to.
- Press the To, Cc, or Bcc button to open up the Recipients box.
- Select Recipients: A list of all users in the course site appears in the column on the left. Click on the desired recipient. Use the Control Key (Windows) or Command Key (Mac) to select multiple recipients.
- Click on the > button to move the selected users into the Recipients column.
- Selected Recipients: Selected recipients will appear in the right column.
Course messages can only be sent to individuals who are already enrolled in the course. If you wish to send a message to someone outside of the course, use the Send Email tool instead.
Composing a Message
Under the section labeled Compose Message, you can type your message in the space provided:
- Subject: Type a subject for your message in the space provided.
- Body: Type the body of your message here.
- To attach a file, click on the paperclip icon in the third row of the text editor toolbar.
- When finished, click the Submit button.
The message will now be sent to the selected recipients.