Commenting on a Blog
This lesson will demonstrate how to comment on an existing blog entry.
To access the Blogs tool, log into your Blackboard Course and then click on the Blogs link in the course menu
You will now see a page labeled Blogs. On this page, you will now see a list of blogs within the current course site. Click on the name of the blog in which you want to read and comment on.
You will now see a screen similar to the one above with the title of the blog appearing at the top.
- If the blog is set up as an individual blog, click on the drop down menu on the right portion of the screen to access blogs from other students.
- Index: Use the index to select the desired blog entry to view.
- The blog entries will appear on the left portion of the screen.
- To view existing comments on the blog entry, click on the number of comments listed in the bottom left corner of the blog entry.
- To comment on a blog entry, click the Comment button at the bottom of the blog entry.
You will now see a screen similar to the one above. To enter a comment:
- Comment: Type your comment in the textbox provided.
- Comment on Entry as Anonymous: If anonymous commenting is enabled, check this box to post the comment anonymously.
- Click on the Spell Check button (the icon with abc and a green checkmark) to check for spelling and grammar issues.
- When finished, click the Add button to publish the comment. The comment will then be added to the blog entry.
When a Blog comment has been added, an update will appear in the Activity Stream for instructors and students. Activity Stream Settings can be modified to enable or disable if Blog comments will appear in the Activity Stream.