Downloading Reports from Direct Submit
This lesson will demonstrate how to retrieve SafeAssign reports from Direct Submit.
Accessing Direct Submit, Part 1
Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools.
- Select SafeAssign.
Accessing DirectSubmit Part 2
You will now see a screen labeled SafeAssign. On this screen, click on DirectSubmit.
Accessing SafeAssign Reports
Under the area labeled Private Direct Submit, you will see all the items that have been uploaded to Direct Submit.
- Filename: Click on the filename to view the text of the paper.
- File: Click on the green arrow to download the original file
- Matching: The number will show the percent of text that matches other sources
- SA Report: Click on the green checkmark to view the detailed Safe Assign Report
- Submitted: The date and time the item was submitted appears here.
Viewing Safe Assign Reports
Above is a portion of a Safe Assign report.
- The upper left portion of the screen shows the item name, word count, and the percentage of matching text.
- Citations: This section contains the list of suspected sources. Click on a specific source name to view the original source.
- Source highiighting in the document can be triggered by clicking the highlight button to the right of the source name.
- Select Sources and Resubmit: this option allows users to uncheck sources to exclude when reprocessing the report. For instance, an instructor can uncheck sources that are cited properly to view only those that are improperly cited.
- The left section shows the paper text in its entirety. Text that matches the suspected sources are highlighed with a number that corresponds to the source in the Citations field to the left.
- Users can press the Print button to print the report.