Hiding/Showing a Column in the Grade Center
This module will show you how to Hide/Show a Grade Center Column. Please note that it's possible to both hide the results in a Grade Column from student view (so that a particular grade doesn't show up in the My Grades student view; and to hide the column in the Full Grade Center instructor view.
Note: Hiding a column from the instructor's view does not hide the column from students students or remove the column from Grade Center calculations. These are two separate functions, and each will be shown below.
Step 1 - Accessing the Grade Center
To access the Full Grade Center, go to the Control Panel and click on Grade Center. Select Full Grade Center.
Step 2 - Hiding the column results from students in the My Grades view
- Click the chevron just to the right of the name of the columns whose results you wish to hide from student view.
- Click the Show/Hide to Users options from the drop-down menu.
Icon indicating the Grade Column results are hidden from student view
The gray circle with an orange line through it indicates that this column's results are hidden from student view.
Step 3 - Hiding a Column from the instructor's view in the Full Grade Center
- Click the chevron just to the right of the name of the columns that you wish to hide in the Full Grade Center.
- Click the Hide Column options from the drop-down menu. The selected column should then immediately disappear from the Full Grade Center view.
Confirmation that the Column is hidden
You should now be in the Full Grade Center view and there should be a message informing you Full Grade Center the column you selected is hidden and that you can Show it again from the Column Organization page (see below).
Step 4 - Showing a Hidden Column in the Full Grade Center
- Click the Manage button.
- Select Column Organization from the drop-down menu--you should now see the Manage Columns page.
Step 4a - Select Show/Hide for selected Columns
- Click the checkbox in front of one or more Hidden Columns (they are grayed out and italicized).
- Hover your cursor over one of the two Show/Hide buttons and choose Show Selected Columns from the pop-up menu. You can also choose Show Selected Columns in All Grade Center Views to make sure the Column is visible in all views.
- Click the Submit button to accept your change(s).
Step 4b - Confirmation
You should now get a confirmation message displayed at the top of the Full Grade Center page notifying you that your Column Organization change is complete and the previously hidden column should now be visible in the Full Grade Center.