Grading by Question in Blackboard
This guide will demonstrate to view students' performance on an individual question and to see how each student responded to a particular question.
Log into your Blackboard course and go the Control Panel:
- Click on Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
Locate the grade column for the test in the grade center. Click on the chevron in the column header, and select Grade Questions from the menu.
You will now see a list of questions on the test, as well as the point value for the question, and the number of responses. To view the responses for a particular question, click on the number of responses for that question.
You will now see a screen labeled Grade Responses, which shows the response each student provided for the question.
- Click on Question Information to view the entire question text.
- To make changes to a student's score, locate the student whose score you wish to change and hit Edit. Type in a new score and hit Submit
- To return to the list of questions, click the Back to Questions button at the bottom of the screen.
You will now see each student's response to the question on a screen labeled Grade Responses.
- Click on Question Information to view the question text.
- Click Edit to modify the point value for the student's response.
- The student's response will appear here. Enter a new point value in the space provided.
- Click the Submit button to save the student's response