Adding Files to the Content Collection
This module will show you how to add a single file to your Course Content Collection.
To access the course content collection, go to the Blackboard Control Panel:
- Click on Content Collection.
- Select the course ID of the current course listed beneath the Content Collection header.
You will now see a screen labeled Course Content. To upload a single file, click on the Upload button and select Upload Files from the menu.
Follow these steps to select the file you wish to upload and to also set the file upload options:
- Click Browse My Computer to use your computer's file management system to select the file you wish to upload. You can also drag and drop files and folders from your computer within the rectangular area on screen to upload them to Blackboard.
- If you select this checkbox, then the file you have selected to upload will replace any file with the same name. If you do not check this checkbox, then you will get the message Upload failed for the following reasons: Cannot upload a file over a file with the same name if you try to upload a file with the same name as an existing file.
- Lock File: Checking Lock File prevents others from editing or deleting the file--normally, students do no have proper the Permissions to do this--only someone with Instructor or TA access could do so. (For more information on Permissions, see Managing Course File Permissions.)
- Share Comments: If Share Comments is checked, then any user with Read Permission (such as students) will be able to view and add comments to the file.
- Enable Versioning: If Enable Versioning is checked, then anytime then anytime an attempt is made to overwrite or edit the file, a new version of the file will be created.
- Enable Tracking: If Enable Tracking is checked, then each time a user (such as a student) interacts with that file, the interaction will be recorded.
- Click the Submit button to accept your file choice and settings.