Adding a Rubric to an Assignment
This guide will demonstrate how to add an interactive rubric to an assignment.
Editing an Assignment
Locate the assignment that you wish to edit, and hover over the link for the assignment. Click the chevron button that appears next to the assignment and select Edit from the menu.
Adding a Rubric, Part 2
- To add a rubric, click on the Add Rubric button.
- Select Rubric: Choose this option to select a rubric that has already been created.
- Create New Rubric: Select this option to create a new rubric from scratch. For more information, please refer to the guide titled Creating an Interactive Rubric.
- Create From Existing: Select this option to create a new rubric using an existing rubric as a template.
Selecting a Rubric
After choosing Select Rubric, you will now see a list of rubrics available to add to the assignment. Check the box next to the name of the rubric you wish to add and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Assigning Points Possible
If the point value of the rubric is different than that of the assignment, a dialog box will appear with the following text: Click OK to assign the rubric's Maximum Points as the Points Possible. Click the OK button.
Modifying Rubric Options
After selecting a rubric, information similar to the screen above will appear in the grading section.
- Click the red X button to remove the rubric association
- Click the second button with the two rectangles to preview the rubric
- Click the third button with the pencil to edit the rubric. Note: Editing the rubric will affect all assignments for which the rubric is used.
- Type: Click this button to change how the rubric is used. The options are Used for Grading or Used for Secondary Assessment.
- Show Rubric To Students: Click this button to determine how students can view the rubric. The options are Yes (without rubric scores), Yes (with rubric scores), No, and After Grading.