Creating a Calculated Numeric Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Calculated Numeric question in Blackboard. A Calculated Numeric question allows instructors to specify a number or a range of numbers as a solution.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, click on Create Question and select Calculated Numeric from the menu.
Entering Question and Answer Information
You will now see a screen labeled Create/Edit Numeric Answer Question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question (optional)
- Question Text: Enter your question text in the space provided.
- Correct Answer: Enter a value for the correct answer here.
- Answer range: Specify a range for allowed answers.
Entering Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas.