Creating an Either/Or Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create an Either/Or question in Blackboard. An either/or question allows students to select between two answer choices.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Either/Or from the menu.
Entering the Question and Answer Information
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question here (optional)
- Question Text: Enter your question text here.
- Answer orientation: select whether you want the answers to be displayed horizontally or vertically.
- Answer choices: Select the pair of answer choices you would to use for your question. Options include Yes/No, True/False, Agree/Disagree and Right/Wrong
- Correct answer: Select which answer choice to be marked as correct.
Editing Feedback and Categories
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas