Creating a Hot Spot Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Hot Spot question in Blackboard. In a Hot Spot question, students are instructed to click on a specific part of an image to receive credit.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Hot Spot from the menu.
Entering Question Information
To create a Hot Spot Question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question here (optional)
- Question Text: Enter your question text here.
- Upload Image: Click Browse Local Files or Browse Course Files to upload an image file.
- Image Alternate Text: Enter an alternate description here for accessibility purposes.
- Click Next to continue to the next step.
Entering Answer Information
To specify the answer region:
- Click and drag your mouse cursor over the portion of the image you wish to mark to accept as correct.
- Coordinates: The coordinates of the area selected will populate here.
- Click the Clear button to reset the coordinate information if you make a mistake.
Setting Up Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Go Back: Click this button to go back to the previous screen.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas.