Creating an Ordering Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create an Ordering question in Blackboard. Students will be presented a list of terms that they must place in the correct order.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Ordering from the menu.
Entering Question Information
To create an ordering question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question (optional)
- Question Text: Enter the question text here.
- Answer numbering: Choose from the following options for displaying answer numbering: None, Arabic Numerals (1, 2, 3...), Roman Numerals (I, II, III...) Lowercase letters (a, b, c...), Uppercase letters (A, B, C...)
- Allow Partial Credit: Check this option to allow partial credit for partially correct answers
Enter Answer Information
Enter items in the desired correct order here. For example, if you ae asking students to order a series of events based off their dates, you would enter each event in chronological order.
- Number of Answers: Select the number of answer choices to display.
- Answer Text: Enter the text for each answer in the space provided.
- If you need to delete an answer choice, click the Remove button.
- To proceed to the next step, click the Next button.
Set Display Order
On the next screen, drag the items into the order you wish for the question to be presented to students.
Setting Up Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas
The question you created will now appear on the test canvas. Click the Points value to change the number of points.