Barnes and Noble College Textbook Research and Selection Tool Blackboard Integration
Barnes and Noble College is offering an integrated Blackboard tool that allows faculty members to research and select course materials for their course. This tool is for faculty use. To allow students to purchase classroom materials, please follow the instructions to add the Textbook Purchase Tool.
Adding a Tool Link
To add a link to the Barnes and Noble integration tool in your Blackboard course menu:
- Click on the plus sign at the top of the course menu.
- Select Tool Link from the menu that appears.
Selecting the Barnes and Noble College Tool
- Name: Enter a name for the tool here.
- Type: Select "Research and Adopt Course Materials" from the list of available tools.
- Available to Users: Since this tool is for faculty use, you can keep this tool hidden from students.
- When finished, click the Submit button to create the tool link.
Accessing the Tool Link
By default, the link will appear at the bottom of the menu, but you can reposition the link to the desired location by clicking and dragging it. To access the tool, click on the link in the course menu that you just created.
Welcome to Barnes and Noble College Faculty Enlight
You will see a screen labeled Barnes and Noble College Faculty Enlight. To get started with linking your course materials:
If you are a new user, click on the Create Account button on the right.
If you are an existing user, enter your email address and password in the fields provided on the left.
Creating an Account
To create an account, enter the following items (Items with an asterisk (*) are required):
- Username: Enter your desired username here.
- E-mail address: This field is populated with your UT email address
- Confirm e-mail address: Reenter your email address in this field
- Password: Enter your desired password here. Passwords are required to contain both alphanumeric characters, upper and lower case letters, and at least one special character
- Confirm password: Reenter your password in this space.
- Title: Select your preferred salutation from the list.
- First Name: This field is prepopulated based off your name in Blackboard
- Last Name: This field is prepopulated based off your name in Blackboard
- Telephone number: Enter your preferred telephone number here.
- School type: This field is prepopulated as 4-year state.
- State: This field is prepopulated as OH
- School: This field is prepopulated as The University of Toledo
- Role: Select your institutional role here.
- Department: Select your department here.
- I'm not a robot: Check this field to verify your completed form.
- Click Submit to create your account.
Faculty Enlight Overview
Once you log in, you will see an image similar to the one above. There are five menu items in this site:
- Search: This link allows you to search all available textbook resources in the Barnes and Noble site.
- Adopt: This link allows you to assign course materials to students enrolled in your course sections.
- Discover: This link allows you to learn about additional services offered by Barnes and Noble.
- Learn: This link allows you to access helpful information about using the Faculty Enlight site.
- History: This link allows you to view all course material adoptions from previous terms.