Adding an Image to a Content Area
This lesson will demonstrate how to add an image to a content area in Blackboard.
Adding an Image
Log into Blackboard and access the content area in which you would like to upload an image to. Please refer to the guide titled Creating a Content Area for more information on how to create a content area. To upload your document:
- Click on Build Content at the top of the page.
- Choose Image from the menu that appears.
Uploading an Image File
Users will then see a screen labeled Select Image File. This screen allows users to upload an image to Blackboard.
- Name: Enter a name for the image.
- Color of Name: Use the selector to choose a color for the image name.
- Find File: Click on the Browse Local Files button to upload an image stored on the computer; click Browse Course Files to upload an image that has already been uploaded to the course content collection, or Browse Mashups to upload an image from Flickr to Blackboard.
- Alt Text: Enter an alt text description here for visually impaired individuals.
- Long Description: Enter a caption or description for the image
Changing the Image Appearance Settings
Image Options allows users to modify the size and appearance of the image file.
- Dimensions: Select Original under Dimensions to preserve the original dimensions, or select Custom to change the dimensions of the image. Image dimensions are entered in pixels.
- Border: Select the desired border thickness for the image.
- Image target URL: If you wish to create a link to an external site, enter the url for the site here (optional)
- Open in New Window: Select whether to open the external link in a new window.
Setting Up The Image Availability
Standard Options allows users to change the visibility of the image to students:
- Permit Users to View this Content: Select Yes to allow students to view the image.
- Track Number of Views: Select Yes to track how many times students view the image.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions: Use the date and time pickers to limit the time period in which students can view the image.
- After the image has been uploaded, click Preview to view how the image would appear. When finished with the image settings, click the Submit button to upload the image.