Grading Items Anonymously
Blackboard allows for student submissions to be graded anonymously. Anonymous grading must be enabled prior to when students submit assignments for grading. Instructions on how to enable anonymous grading is available here. This guide will demonstrate how to grade submissions anonymously.
Log into your Blackboard course and go the Control Panel:
- Click on Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
Assignments set up for anonymous grading will be marked by grey hash marks in the Grade Center. To grade assignments, click the chevron in the column header of the assignment you wish to grade, and choose the option labeled Grade Attempts from the menu.
You will now see a screen labeled Grade Assignment:
- A preview of the item the student has submitted will appear on the left. Click on the Comment button to add comments to the student's submission
- Submission: A list of submitted items for the assignment will appear here. Click on the arrow button to save files to your computer.
- Comments: Comments entered by the student regarding the submission will appear here.
- Attempt: Click here to enter a grade for the student's current attempt.
- Grade: The student's final grade for the assignment will appear here, based on how the assignment column is set up to handle multiple attempts. To override the final grade, click on the pencil icon to change the grade.
- Feedback to Learner: Enter feedback for the student's attempt here.
- Add Notes: Click the Add Notes link to add grading notes that are visible only to instructors.
- To save the student's grade for the current attempt, click the Submit button.
- Use the arrows at the top of the page to navigate between multiple attempts or students.